I have exciting news for you all today.
1) I get to do a really big and awesome giveaway thanks to Redwood Hill Farms and Green Valley Organics. You guys do not want to miss this one.
2) I made a really delicious chocolate bundt cake, also thanks to Redwood Hill Farms and Green Valley Organics because I got the same package that I get to give away.
3) I’m now obsessed with Redwood Hill Farms and Green Valley Organics… can you tell?
I had never tried lactose free yogurt or kefir before, but I honestly can’t tell the difference. The only difference is that the lactose free kefir is not as thick as regular kefir.
Redwood Hill has all sorts of recipes, news, events, and other information on their website. Definitely make sure to check it out!
Okkkay, now what you guys have been waiting for…
The prize package (minimum value of about $57.55) will include:
– 1 Eco-friendly insulated green “Get Your Goat, Have a Cow” co-branded tote bag (approximate value $5)
– 1 t-shirt (winner’s choice of Redwood Hill Farm Goat, Green Valley Organics Cow OR RHF kid-size shirt; approximate value: $15)
– 6, 6-oz cups Redwood Hill Farm Goat yogurts or free product coupons (valued at about $2.19 each = $13.14)
– 6, 6-oz cups Green Valley Organics Lactose Free yogurts (valued at about $1.59 each = $9.54)
– 1 32-oz bottle Redwood Hill Farm Kefir (about $6.39)
– 1 32-oz bottle Green Valley Organics Kefir (about $4.49)
– 1 12-oz Green Valley Organics Sour Cream (about $3.99)
Are you excited yet? Because when I received my package, I felt like a little kid in a candy store.
To enter, all you have to do is:
- Leave a comment saying why you want the prize package.
For extra entries:
The giveaway will end on Tuesday, October 2nd at 12:00 am. Good luck! 🙂
If you don’t win, don’t worry, you can just buy their products! Redwood Hill Farm and Green Valley Organics products are available at Whole Foods Markets, natural food stores and specialty grocers nationwide. To find a store near you, go to redwoodhill.com/store and greenvalleylactosefree.com/stores/
Now, for this deliiiiicious recipe (which got devoured extremely quickly in my house):
Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1/3 cup (1 ounce) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups (9 ounces) all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Green Valley Organics plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, plus extra for pan coating
Make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter and sprinkle cinnamon in a 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, and water and place over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, just until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add half of the melted butter mixture and whisk until completely blended (the mixture will be quite thick). Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely blended before adding the next egg. Whisk in the Green Valley plain yogurt and vanilla until smooth.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
Make the glaze:
- Just before glazing the cooled cake, combine the Green Valley kefir, cocoa powder, butter, and sugar in a small saucepan and put over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake, allowing it to drip and dribble down the sides. It will soak into the cake and taste delicious.