Fiiinnalllyyy, I’m posting a pumpkin recipe.
And I do not suggest you change it; it’s pretty perfect!
Sorry about the photo quality, they’re iPhone pictures. Also, don’t forget to enter my giveaway!
Kefir/Yogurt Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
From: Green Valley Organics
- 1/2 cup Green Valley Organics or Redwood Hill Farm Plain Kefir or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or cider
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 medium fresh or frozen banana or 2 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbs. sweetener of choice (we like maple syrup)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (adjust to reach desired consistency)
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Top It Off: Add a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon granola (and a bit of candied ginger) to the top, grab a spoon, close your eyes and you’ll swear you’re enjoying Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.
PER SERVING: 295 CAL; 8G PROT; 5G TOTAL FAT (2G SAT. FAT); 54G CARB; 5MG CHOL; 124MG SOD; 5G FIBER; 32G SUGARS*