I’m so glad everyone loved Rach’s post as much as I did.
To keep it savory, I’m giving you a delicccious creamy corn soup recipe. Creamed corn is delicious. Probably because it’s the bad-for-you form of regular corn. I’m okay with that.
If I can make an excuse to turn it into soup and make it into an acceptable meal, I will…and I did.
This is so good, especially with sweet cornbread (if you click on this link, please excuse the terrible pictures.) If you’re looking for a quick, but yummy meal, this is the one for you.
Creamy Corn Soup
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter or margarine. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add the flour, stirring well, to make a pasty mixture. Whisk in the milk and the broth. Add the corn and the cream cheese and allow to heat through. Add the garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Stir together and serve.