So is the title long enough?
If not, tell me because I can definitely think of more adjectives for these delicious blondies!!
They are exactly as the title says: chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outside… they are also chocolate-y with a hint of mint and they have a delicious chocolate glaze that compliments them perfectly.
If you don’t like mint, you’re in luck, because these are so adaptable it’s ridiculous (for a few ideas, click the Smitten Kitchen link). Sometimes I swear my head isn’t attached to my body, and tonight happened to be one of those nights. My Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies are actually PEPPERmint Chocolate Chip Blondies. I grabbed the peppermint extract instead of the mint extract, but luckily these are extremely hard to mess up and they still turned out wonderfully. I guess I just wanted to get started early on Christmas recipes.
Make sure you make these with people around or that you’re making them for a party. If there are no people around, plan on eating the whole batch of them.
Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies
Adapted from: Smitten Kitchen
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp mint extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Optional: Chocolate Glaze
- Butter an 8×8 pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour until just combined. Mix in mint extract and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan/ dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. They won’t get dark, so make sure you check with a toothpick! Cool on rack before cutting them.
- Make glaze and drizzle (our pour, in my case) on top.