I’ve been having a little bit of writer’s block the past few weeks, and it still isn’t fully healed.
So, instead of telling you all what I’ve been up to lately, I’m just going to show you pictures and hope you can forgive me.
Also, here’s an extremely fudgy and weird brownie recipe I whipped up. I saw a “red velvet brownie” recipe made with beans and I just went all out and added avocados. I guess if you weren’t made about the writer’s block, this recipe might make you mad. But don’t let it.. I promise it tastes a million times better than it sounds. The lack of flour and replacement of beans and avocados makes these brownies so fudgy it’s ridiculous.
Extra Fudgy Healthy Brownies
Adapted from: Munchin’ with Munchkin
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- ½ cup avocado
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree kidney beans and avocado. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand until smooth and fully combined.
- Fold batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning the pan halfway through.
- When the brownies are done, test them with a toothpick. You want some batter to cling to the toothpick. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut and enjoy.