Okay, I cheated.
I know I’ve said a million times that I hate using box mixes, but I didn’t say I don’t use box mixes.
A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends made brownies and everyone ate theirs with peanut butter. Why wouldn’t they? Peanut butter and chocolate are the ultimate culinary couple.
That’s when I thought, “dduuuhhh, I have to make brownies with peanut butter frosting.” The Butterfinger’s were just a given. Why wouldn’t I add them?
So, there’s that. And then, I fed them to everyone I know and they were devoured isntantly.
These are a definite crowd pleaser. There’s only a certain few recipes that I’ll make more than once, and this is one.
What’s your favorite way to spice up boxed brownie mixes?
Peanut Butter Butterfinger Frosted Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 regular sized Butterfinger’s
- 9×13 inch pan of brownies (I used Betty Crocker)
- In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in 1/2 of the confectioner’s sugar.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of the cream.
- Beat in the remaining powdered sugar.
- Slowly fold in crushed up Butterfinger’s.
- Frost cooled brownies.