My fall break is over, which means I only have 8 more weeks until I’m a big kid. Graduating in December is so scary and exciting at the same time.
I’m still enjoying not waking up until 10, having the cafeteria make my food, going to formals with Kellen, and having advisors and teachers help me make my schedule. Siiighhh…I will miss it all, but I’m also excited about having a career and makin’ some monaaayyy.
Anyway, to console myself, I made some delicious muffins.
Snickerdoodle Muffins with Crunchy Topping
Adapted from: Lil Luna
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add egg and mix well.
- Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
- Mix flour, cream of tartar, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
- Spoon batter into 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake tin.
- Mix 3 tbsp sugar and 3 tbsp cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle even amounts over each muffin.
- Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and devour.