Dear my favorite bloggers ever,
It’s finals week… aka death.
I’m stressin’ and frettin’… bear with me, I’ll be done after this week.
Until then, enjoy some cheesecake. 🙂
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
*Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature. If they aren’t, the batter will be lumpy.
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts, toasted
- 4-6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cherry topping (I used storebought… :/)
1/4 cup chocolate mixture (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and nuts with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Stir in milk with a wooden spoon (so you don’t overmix) and then stir in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
Chocolate mixture: 1/8 cup melted chocolate, 1/8th cup chocolate syrup
TIP: If you don’t want your cheesecake to crack (like mine did), you can wrap your springform pan in foil
and set it in a water bath. That’ll create steam to keep the cheesecake moist, therefore no cracks.