Okay, so I’m finally starting to get excited about Halloween being right around the corner.
I’ve been all about fall lately, but fall and Halloween are two separate things.
Anyway, like I said, I’m excited about Halloween, but I don’t have any clue what/who to be.
I want something cheap and homemade. Right now I’m leaning towards a Kristen Wiig SNL character, because who wouldn’t want to be her?!
(Not my photos)
I love her!!! What’s your favorite Kristen Wiig character?
If you guys have any other ideas, please share! What are you going to be for Halloween?
Anyway, since I’m in the Halloween spirit, I bought some candy corn and was determined to use it in a recipe. Candy corn is tricky to bake with, so I went with hot chocolate. It turned out really well! It would be a great recipe for a Halloween party.
Candy Corn White Hot Chocolate
Adapted from: Paula Deen – my fav!
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips, candy corn, and heavy cream.
- Stir continuously until white chocolate chips and candy corn have completely melted.
- Stir in the half-and-half, and vanilla extract. Keep stirring occasionally until heated through. Pour into mugs and enjoy!