Hang in there guys, finals week is over on Thursday for me, then I’ll be posting all the time.
Until then, enjoy some yummy brownie balls… they won’t disappoint you.
Chocolate Almond Brownie Balls
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (you can use margarine but the flavor will not be the same)
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar , sifted
- 1/8 cup half-and-half cream (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half) or 1/3 cup milk (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder , sifted
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at high for 2 minutes or until butter or margarine is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake for 35 minutes (do not overbake).
- Let the brownies cool.
- Mix all frosting ingredients, and crumble cooled brownies into the mix.
- Form into balls and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Microwave heavy cream for 1 minute. Put in chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Dip brownie balls into chocolate, let sit.