I’m re-posting one of my favorite brownie recipes for the special occasion. Just FYI, these are basically all butter. These aren’t “every day brownies,” these are definitely “special occasion brownies.” But, like I said, #nationalbrownieday is a special occasion.
White Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
1 c. butter (yes, two sticks… did I mention this isn’t a healthy recipe?)
(adapted from Taste of Home)
4. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter into pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely before moving on to the next step.
6. Cookie dough: Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl and cream together. Add flour and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Spread in an even layer on top of cooled brownies. Chill before adding chocolate glaze.
8. Glaze: Melt chocolate with shortening and stir until smooth. Spread over chilled cookie dough layer.