My friend’s uncle drives a cereal truck, so anytime he gets cereal, everyone I live with gets it, too.
This time, we got Rice Krispies, so I wanted to do something creative with them. (Don’t worry, I’ve also made rice krispie treats twice now.)
I found a recipe for Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookies, used it, and took it to another level. They turned out really good. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but they tasted like brownies covered with crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Weird, huh? 😉 My brains not doing so well with descriptions right now, I think it’s because I just finished FINALS!! Yay!!!
What’s your favorite recipe for Rice Krispies?
Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First, make the cookie dough. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt into butter mixture until combined. Stir in rice krispies and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Then, make brownies. In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, and sugar. Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Drop cookie mixture evenly over the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.