When I was exploring my town the other day, I found a cute little donut pan! They’re all over the blogosphere and I’m probably the last to jump on the donut pan train, but I finally did!!
Reasons why you should get a donut pan:
1. They make donuts healthier. Donuts are usually deep-fried, but with a donut pan, you can bake them!
2. All of these delicious baked donut recipes:
Brown Eyed Baker’s Baked Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar:
Don’t those all look so good???
The donuts I made were so awesome! They were moist and vanilla-y witch just a hint of cinnamon. The glaze was the BOMB, too!
Vanilla Cinnamon Donuts with Vanilla Cinnamon Glaze
Adapted from: The White Library
2 cups all purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp applesauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Whisk flour and baking powder in a medium bowl, then combine with sugar.
2. Beat egg one at a time with milk, oil, applesauce, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until well blended. Then combine with flour mixture. Mix vigorously until well blended.
3. Lightly spray donut pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into molds up to 2/3 full. *Optional: Sprinkle the unbaked donuts with brown sugar before baking.
4. Bake 10 -15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched and donuts are golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let cool down before glazing.
- 1 cup confectioner’ s sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
In small bowl, stir together sugar, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until sugar is completely dissolved. If mixture is too thick, add a little more milk. If too thin, add more sugar. You can add a couple of drops of food coloring for different colored glazes. Dip top of donuts in glaze and let the glaze set and dry before serving.