As the summer winds down and the weather gets cooler (HA!), fire pits start to sound a little more bearable than the did a few weeks ago.
Unfortunately, it’s still freakin’ hot here (in the 90s-100s), so I’d rather bake s’more than make them on a burning hot fire on a burning hot day.
Plus, who would pick a regular s’more over a cookie s’more?!
I used my standard chocolate chip recipe and added marshmallows and graham crackers, and this is what happened…
1 cup (7 1/2 ounces) packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (5 1/4 ounces) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups (11 5/8 ounces) All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups (5 1/4 ounces) mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the very soft butter in a medium-large mixing bowl. Add the sugars, salt, vanilla, and stir well.
- Add the egg and stir until well blended.
- Add the baking soda and flour, mixing until blended.
- Stir in the chips, graham cracker crumbs, and marshmallows.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto light-colored baking sheets.
- Flatten into disks, using gentle pressure from your fingers.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned; the tops shouldn’t brown, they should still be slightly gooey.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, let them rest on the pan for 5 minutes, then slide them onto a rack to cool completely.
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!