Yay, this is my first post back on WordPress! I liked Tumblr, but I really missed WordPress.
Anyway, I hope you all had a fabulous Halloween and were able to eat tons of candy. We, as usual, bought a bunch of candy knowing we wouldn’t have very many Trick-or-Treaters. We did end up having more kids than usual, but we also still have plenty of candy left over. Win-win!
I made some awesome “frosting” cookies a few years back. They’re just regular sugar cookies with frosting in the dough. Well, I thought I’d kick those up a notch (because more sugar is the only thing that can make sugar better) and add Oreos to the mix. They turned out amaaazing. You’ll have to try them for yourself! You could really add anything you want to these. They would be great for all of that extra Halloween candy, if that’s even a thing.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup frosting of choice (I used white chocolate frosting)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
1/2 cup crushed Oreos
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a cookie sheet or line with a Silpat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the frosting, egg, vanilla, and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until well combined. Once combined, slowly drizzle in melted chocolate while mixing.
- Then, add your Oreos and mix with a spatula…don’t over-mix.
- Drop cookies by large tablespoon fulls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.