Happy September! It’s still so hot out, but I can’t hold off any longer on the pumpkin recipes.
I love the fall season. Pretty sure there’s nothing better than fall colors and decorations, the smell of crisp air, comfy sweaters/scarves/socks, changing leaves, autumn scented candles, and pumpkin everything.
I’m very excited because I’ve got a pumpkin basket coming in the mail! I’ll be recipe testing soon. 🙂
Pumpkin Banana Bread
Recipe from: Skinny Taste
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, egg, bananas, pumpkin and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and nuts (if using), then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on the center rack for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
- Spread with pumpkin cream cheese. Enjoy.