I’m not typically a fan of box mixes, but they can be made into so many other desserts than the box mentions and sometimes I just want to whip something up with little effort. If you visit the website of your boxed cake mix of choice, you’ll find tons of recipes. This recipe is from Duncan Hines.
I’m a huge fan of brownies and a huge fan of frosting and I have an out of control sweet tooth, so these are perfect for me, but may be too sweet for some.
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Premium Brownie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF. Grease cookie sheet.
- Combine brownie mix, egg, water and oil in large bowl. Stir until well blended and soft dough forms. Drop by level measuring tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 ºF for 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are set in center. Do not over bake. Cool for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely before assembling.
- Spread frosting on half the cookies. Top each frosted cookie with another cookie. Gently press together.