Happy extremely belated Pi Day. That’s how I roll, always behind on the national food holidays. I celebrate them promptly, but forget to post about them on time. #slacker
Okay, have you ever had Uncrustables? I’m sure you’ve heard of them, but they’re peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without the crust (obviously) and they’re perfect when you’re on the go. I used to eat them all. the. time. when I was a kid.
I sort of tried to recreate the Uncrustables with pie crust instead and they turned out pretty well. My only complaint is that there isn’t much filling in each one, but I guess that just means you’ll have to eat more or make them bigger.
What was your favorite snack as a kid?
Peanut Butter and Jelly Hand Pies
1 serving of your favorite pie crust, unbaked
¼ cup peanut butter, smooth
¼ cup jelly
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Roll out dough as thin as you can get it without tearing, or as thick as you want it.
3. Using a round cookie cutter, cut circles out of your dough.
4. Fill each circle with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and 1 teaspoon jelly. Fold in half and pinch off the edges.
5. Brush each folded hand pie with egg whites and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the edges start to slightly turn brown.