I hope you guys had an awesome 4th of July!
I didn’t post a recipe because the cookies I made turned out so ugly. They were the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made, though, so I’m going to remake them without food coloring and post the recipe soon. I was just trying to be patriotic.
We’ll just chalk that one up to a failed attempt. The more I made, the more the colors ran together, the uglier they got.
What did you guys do for the 4th? I just hung out at the pool all day, ate some yummmmy steak for dinner, played volleyball, ate a lot, etc. Not too much… pretty relaxing.
Anyway, so I made this casserole and while I was gathering the ingredients I realized I had Cowboy Baked Beans before (back in the day when I didn’t know how to take good pictures… don’t judge), which are basically the same thing. But this has meat, so you can’t go wrong there. This is my very favorite quick and easy dinner recipe. If you like baked beans, this won’t disappoint you.
What’s your go-to dinner recipe?
Turkey Burger and 3 Bean Casserole
Adapted from: Food.com
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, dry,flaked
- 2 (16 ounce) cans lima beans, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans, with liquid
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown turkey and onions, and drain off excess fat (if there is any).
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and garlic flakes; add to meat mixture and mix well.
- Place in a buttered 6 quart baking container, and bake 1 hour.