Congrats to Rust Hawk for being the 10th commenter and winning the Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil giveaway!!
Here’s the perfect recipe to use your coconut oil.
Baked Coconut Donuts.
These were a-mazing. I’m not really a huge fan of baked donuts, but these are game changers. They were dense, but a fluffy-dense, and the coconut flavor was so prominent. These are definitely for coconut lovers, but my mom, who is coconut-neutral, loved them, too. I topped these with a regular buttercream frosting, but I subbed the vanilla flavoring for coconut and the cream for Almond Joy Creamer. I topped them with toasted coconut.
Baked Coconut Donuts
King Arthur Flour
1 cup flour
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons coconut flour (or all-purpose flour for a less-dense donut)
½ cup coconut flakes
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/8 tsp coconut flavor
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter or grease your standard doughnut pan.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, water, oil, and flavor until frothy.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Fill each doughnut form about half full, using ¼ cup batter.
- Bake the doughnuts for 12 to 14 minutes, until they spring back when touched lightly and are very light brown on top.
- Cool for a few minutes, then spread with glaze, or dust with powdered sugar.