Every once in a while, creativity strikes.
This was one of those times.
I’m just gonna leave it at that and let the pictures speak for themselves.
Cinnamon Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Toffee Pecan Buttercream Frosting
Adapted from: Martha Stewart
1 ½ tsp baking power
½ tsp salt
1 stick (½ cup) butter
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
½ cup milk
1 cup powered sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup toffee bits (Heath bits)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk dry ingredients (except for sugar) in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low. Mix in milk.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk and ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes until testers inserted into centers come out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks.
- When cool, make the frosting:
- Cream the butter in a small bowl with the brown sugar.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Beat with an electric mixer, until the desired texture is achieved.
- Fold in pecans and toffee bits.
- Frost cupcakes.