Hey all.Thank you for the comments and feedback about the layout. I think I’m going to keep it like this, at least for a while.I hope you’re having an awesome Halloween. What are your costumes, if you celebrate? I dressed up as a “Bloody Baker” and I passed out cookies.
Our college had a “Fright Night” and all the people decorate their hall. The first floor was the least scary and gradually got scarier all the way to the fourth floor. I live on the fourth floor and our hall was so scary. There were a couple of children that cried… it was that scary.Did any of your guys’ children, if you have any, take advantage of the Scary Face pancake at iHop? I did… we had a great waitress who didn’t care and I was so pumped. Isn’t it cute?
In the spirit of Halloween, I made some Halloween cookies. They’re pumpkin spice and they turned out a different texture than most pudding cookies I’ve made before. They’re a puffier cookie, but they’re moist. They don’t look very appealing because of their orange color, but they’re tasty. They aren’t too sweet so the chocolate glaze and the Hershey’s Kiss on top are perfect last touches.
Pumpkin Spice Pudding Cookies
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
1 packet (4.2 oz) Pumpkin Spice Pudding
24 Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses
½ cup chocolate chips
¼ tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the very soft butter in a medium-large mixing bowl. Add the sugars, salt, vanilla, and stir well. Add the egg and stir until well blended. Add the baking soda, flour, and Pumpkin Spice pudding, mixing until blended.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto light-colored baking sheets. Flatten into disks, using gentle pressure from your fingers.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned; the tops shouldn’t brown, they should still be slightly gooey. Remove the cookies from the oven.
- Press the Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses into each cookie while the cookies are still warm.
- Slide the cookies onto a rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze by warming the milk until it starts to bubble; either by stove or by microwave. Add the chocolate chips until they are melted.
- Mix together until the consistency is smooth. Drizzle over cookies.