Ready for the pumpkin recipes??
I couldn’t hold out any longer. If you remember last year, I started pumpkin recipes around the same time with Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins.
Man, those were so good, but sometimes I want to go back and retake all of my old pictures. They’re so cruddy! Thank you guys for sticking with me through those bad times. I feel like Demi Lovato.
I can’t believe I just referenced Demi Lovato. Forgive me. I’m just going to get to the recipe now.
These are the bomb. I know I’ve been telling you all about these healthy recipes with beans in them lately, and it’s kind of hard to believe, so you’ll just have to make it for yourself. Tasting is believing, right? Seriously, though, these are amazing. The serving size is humongous, too, but you won’t even feel bad after you eat the whole thing because it’s so good for you. Make these. Now!
Healthy and Filling Pumpkin Enchiladas
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers
- ¾ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 10 oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 can pure pumpkin (about 2 ½ c.)
- 1 c. black or kidney beans
- Large bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 5 ounces 0% greek yogurt
- 3 large whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sauté onion and garlic in a pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Stir in enchilada sauce
- Add pumpkin and stir until combined
- Add cilantro, cumin and chili powder
- Spread a light layer of sauce on the bottom of an 8×8 or 9×9 pan
- Fill tortillas with an even amount of sauce and beans
- Roll tortillas and place in the pan with the folded edges facing down to keep them closed
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts