I just want to say, for the umpteenth time, how proud I am to be a part of the blog world.
I don’t know if you’ve read Jennie’s post yet, but it brought tears to my eyes. Go to her page to read what she wrote, because there’s no way I can recreate her heartfelt words.
TasteSpotting has dedicated a whole page to Jenni and Mikey. There are posts all over foodgawker dedicated to them. Food blogs are posting peanut butter posts dedicated to them. Last but not least, the words of love, encouragement, support, and prayers are overwhelming on her blog. It’s so reassuring to know how people come together to help someone in their time of need.
Jenni, I know these aren’t peanut butter, but they’re for you. And for Mikey.
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Carrot Top Mom
- 2 1/4 cups flour (I use all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or milk with 2 teaspoons lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in Greek yogurt, milk, food coloring and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Gently remove from oven (these are super-moist, and will collapse if you aren’t careful). Cool in pans on wire rack at least 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes generously, and serve at room temperature!