First of all, let me just, like everyone else, say that today was absolutely gorgeous. I hope it was gorgeous wherever you are, too, and that you all got to enjoy it for at least a little bit.
Second of all, I made these really awesome triple chocolate cookies, but I wasn’t able to take an “after picture” of them… but they’re probably second to my favorite cookie. These are soo good and chewy and brownie-like and they have little surprises of white chocolate tucked in them. Mmm. I wish I had more.
And, third of all, to my main topic, I was reading some other blogs and I saw that they did a post on their purse contents…
Why is that so interesting to me? I don’t know, but it is, and in the case that it’s interesting to you, too, here are mine:
1. My new wallet. That’s a purse given, duh.
2. Movie tickets. One’s for Due Date, which is super funny.
3. My phone, which is usually never in my purse. Weird!
4. Some brochure from a casino. We went for my birthday and (mostly) all lost money, but it was fun anyway.
5. Deodorant. Not the kind I usually use, but that’s just my backup for the days I forget to put it on.
6. One black earring. One Christmas earring… no matches though. What’s new? One thing about me: I am not an organized person. I’m very messy, actually.
7. A headband that’s almost too loose to wear anymore because I wear it when I exercise and it gets all sweaty and stretches.
8. A card from the school I’m transferring to next year! 🙂
10. A receipt for my new wallet.
11. My very favorite, discontinued Bath and Body Works fragrance, Magnolia Blossom. Thank God for Ebay!
12. Bobby pins. I am always out of bobby pins. See note in number 6.
13. My checkbook. Also a boring purse given.
14. A mint. Just in case.
15. Change, because who actually ever puts change in their wallets?
16. My pencil/lady products/pen carrier.
17. Glow wrist bracelets?
18. Gum because I’m obsessed. Want a gum review? I’ve probably tried them all.
19. A list of good blogs… I am a true blog geek.
Well, that’s it…what’s in YOUR purse??
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Adapted from: Martha
Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 ounces chopped vanilla almond bark
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Melt 4 ounces milk chocolate with the butter in the microwave. Let cool slightly.
- Put chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces crack, about 11 minutes (cookies should be soft). Let cool on parchment on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Double Chocolate Cookies – Martha Stewart Recipes