I know, I know, two cranberry recipes in a row and it’s not even Thanksgiving, let alone November.
Don’t judge me.
Honestly, I don’t like that phrase. I looked it up to see who started saying it because I’m weird and I like to know where everything started. I couldn’t find it, but I did find this site: Don’t Judge Me, Judger.
It’s one of those guilty pleasure sites like F My Life and Text From Last Night that everyone thinks is really stupid but can’t help but read anyway. So yeah, you should read it.
You know what else you should do? You should make this dip! It’s a cream cheese dip… is anything better than cream cheese dips?
Sorry about the short post, I think I’m having blogger’s block. 😦
I followed this recipe very loosely, and it still turned out wonderfully.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine cranberries with sugar in a 2 quart baking dish with a lid, stirring well to coat all the berries. Bake in the preheated oven, covered, for about 30 minutes, until the cranberries pop and release their liquid.
- Remove from oven and stir in the apricot jam and pecans. Refrigerate overnight to blend the flavors. To serve, allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature, and pour dip over the block of cream cheese on a serving dish. Serve with buttery round crackers or small pretzels.