When dessert = breakfast, the world is right.
When these are around, even this stupid cold weather can’t get me down.
I’m thankful that it’s taken so long for it to start getting cold, but the getting cold part had to come and that’s stupid. And it came without snow, which is even stupid…er. More stupid.
Luckily, cold weather means Christmas, and who doesn’t love Christmas? Probably a lot of people. I’m not one of them, though.
Christmas can be pretty expensive, right? So you should bake for people! Start freezing things now and you’ll have plenty of stuff by Christmas. Start with these cookies! I’m pretty proud of these. I had to bring food to class for one of my finals, and I couldn’t decide between breakfast food or dessert. Always a hard choice, so why not combine the two… which would make it completely acceptable to eat dessert for breakfast… because it’s not even dessert, it’s breakfast. They are in the form of cookies (light, fluffy, delicious cookies), but they taste like pancakes. And the frosting tastes like butter and maple syrup. Perfect!!
And this is how they look iced.. yummm!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp (8 tablespoons or 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, beat together sugar and butter. Stir into flour mixture. Beat together the egg and milk and add to the mixture. Fold in the blueberries or chocolate chips. (Or you can just wait until you put them on the baking sheet and put a few on top like I did)
- Scoop by tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden, but still fluffy to the touch. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add salt, vanilla, confectioners’ sugar (to your liking…may not use it all), milk, and syrup. Beat well.
- Once the cookies are cool, drizzle icing over cooled cookies.