I am absolutely loving all of the Thanksgiving/Fall-esque blog posts. I’m going to share a few of my favorites. If you have some, please post the links under the comments section so I can check them out. I’m a sucker for seasonal treats.
Click the links to check out the recipes. Pictures all belong to the owner of the links provided.
Jessica @ How Sweet Eats made this delicious-looking pumpkin cake.
Buns in My Oven made this mouthwatering sausage dressing.
This extremely yummy-looking Chocolate Bourban Pecan Pie was made by She Wears Many Hats.
Baking Boy baked this yummmmmy Apple Cranberry-Orange Pie.
I figured I’d better make something good to try and keep up with all of these delicious recipes! So, I made some Pumpkin Cupcakes for my boss’ birthday… ommmmggg… let me just tell you I’m glad I had to give them away so they were far away from my house. I could have eaten them all. Easily.
So, here’s my contribution to the blogosphere:
Pumpkin Square Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Adapted from: AllRecipes
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree (approx. 23 ounces)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Fill cupcake pans about 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners’ sugar a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Pipe or spread evenly on top of the cooled cupcakes.