I never really crave peanut butter. I’ll eat it, but it’s not one of my favorite flavors, so I don’t use it very often.
I’ve also never made fudge before.
You’re probably wondering why I made peanut butter fudge, then. Well, Kellen asked for it… but I had to make another batch for myself because I could not get enough of this stuff.
I dreamt about it, I couldn’t get it off my mind… it was haunting me. I tried so hard not to make more for myself once I gave the first batch away, but, I have no will power. Fortunately (or unfortunately?), my dad asked where all the fudge went, so I had to make it, then. Right? Right.
This is super easy to make, so make it!!! You won’t regret it, and if you do, well.. send it to me.
Just a question, but would you guys like to see an occasional video on steps for making a recipe? I was talking with a coworker today and he mentioned how he’s going to make videos for singing, and I thought “Hey, I could do that for baking.” Plus… Joy the Baker does it, and who’s cooler than her? No one.
Peanut Butter Fudge w/ Optional Chocolate Topping
Adapted from: All Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine together chocolate chips and whipping cream on a double broiler, or in the microwave until melted.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Mixture should be thick, but not crumbly. (May not use all of the powdered sugar) Pour into an 8×8 inch dish.
- Pour chocolate topping evenly over the top.
- Chill until firm and cut into squares.